Event Support-Manager On Duty
This part-time position is responsible for overseeing weeknight and some weekend events at the Washington County Fair Park & Conference Center with guidance from the Event Coordinator. Duties include greeting and assisting clients needs, setup and tear-down of tables and chairs, custodial duties to include cleaning restrooms, floors, windows, and removing trash. Good communication skills a must along with the ability to lift 40 lbs. Experience a plus, but will train the right candidate. Please return application and resume to: WC Fair Park & Conference Center, Attn: Executive Director, 3000 Hwy. PV, West Bend WI 53095
Under the general supervision of the Fair & Beverage Manager, this part-time position is responsible for general event and/or Fair bartending and set up/tear down of such.
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Take beverage orders directly from patrons.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to patrons of bar, following standard recipes
- Re-stock inventory
- Other duties deemed necessary by Fair & Beverage Manger and/or Bar Manager
Experience and/or Skills Required
- Previous bartending experience preferred
- Bartending license preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lift 40 lbs on own
- Must be 21 Years of Age or Older
- Must be able to work flexible schedule especially weekend hours
- Must be able to work additional hours during the annual Washington County Fair