1948 attendance estimates were near 30,000 and an additional 21 tents were put up to accommodate exhibits. The process for developing a new fair facility was an ongoing attempt for over 45 years!
By 1944, requests were made for an additional barn, an office building, an exhibit building, and to look for property to accommodate parking.
By 1942, an additional 40’x80′ tent was erected to accommodate livestock.
In 1939, three barns and a restroom were built.
During the Great Depression, the Society met with financial difficulties and the buildings and grounds were sold at a foreclosure sale. However, there still was a desire to hold a County Fair and in May 1938, assets were turned over to the Washington County Board, a Fair Committee was appointed…
Profits netted were approximately $240.00. By the early 1900‘s, admission fees more than doubled to turn a profit.